Wouldn’t it be nice, if, we could live our lives, in such a way, where we did, all we possibly could, to feel healthier, happier, and more fulfilled, on a consistent basis? In most cases, people are either, their own worst enemies, or best friends. Which are you, and what are you willing to do, to improve your possibilities? While there are no guarantees, in life, there are steps, we can take, to improve the odds, and enhance the quality of life, and the potential, for better overall health. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, examine, consider, review, and discuss, 5 steps, to healthier living.
1. Begin with a thorough check – up: Begin this quest, by making an appointment, with a qualified, recommended, health professional, and gain the knowledge, of what areas, are in need, of more attention. Pay attention to your blood tests, heart test, etc, and know, how your health, compares, to others, and listen to get, suggestions, on the best way, for you, to proceed. You might be feeling great, but there may be some underlying issue, which if addressed, on a timely basis, might be beneficial. Once you do this, you are better able, to proceed, in a smart, healthy way.
2. What type of exercise program, might be helpful, to you?: It is wise, to know, whether you are fit, for more exercise, and, whether, there are any restrictions, which you should observe. Exercise, for some, means becoming a gym – rat, but for most, may include additional, regular walking, simple exercises, etc. What do you hope to achieve, via exercise? Is this for weight – loss, overall health and well – being, or simply, to feel better?
3. Diet: Did the blood tests indicate, you should observe, certain dietary restrictions? Were your cholesterol levels, within normal limits, or should you address these, via a change in diet, and using certain supplements? Is your weight, where it should be, or do you need to lose weight? If so, consider your options, which include: calorie reduction; low – carbohydrate; one of the trademarked, programs; or some combination? However, it is important to avoid some of the fad – diets, and proceed, smartly, and safely!
4. Supplements: You should discuss this, with a health professional, who has an open – mind, and is familiar with what is available, today. These include: vitamins; herbal supplements; homeopathy; and many other modalities. I suggest you read, and review, the options, and know, the difference, between, those with a track – record, and merely, empty promises.
5. Stick, to it: Personal discipline is most essential, to healthier living. Proceed carefully, have a plan, and pursue the best course of action, for you, your personality, needs, and priorities.